When circles freez

Sunday, February 11, 2007

My new fire-poi, and their first burn.

I ordered these babies from Salza wednesday the seventh of february, 07. And I got them on friday the ninth. Quick and efficient. I had promised to help my mom and dad so I brought the Isis poi with me, so that I could practice like mad. And practice I did.

I got home from their house the 11th, and after dinner I decided to go meet them and have a small opening burn. I distinctly remember their increased weight of the poi from the kerosene fuel. I also remember the roaring sound and the huge flames. They were everything I expected them to be. Alot of fire, and alot of fun.

Tomorrow there will be another practice session. I'm bringing one or two friends with me, or even more if possible. My main objective tomorrow is to show off a few new things, perhaps introduce the others to the concept of polyrythm a bit more in-depth. And keep working on my own flow.

No comments: